Our dear, dear family friends lost their sweet Grandpa on Tuesday. My family was very saddened by the loss of Grandpa Monte. We just spent Christmas with the Cool man (see below)!! He just asked my when I was going to have a baby and he told me all about how he and grandma Alice used to live in *RP back in the day! We all played big bootie together...we couldn't believe he left so soon. Hold your loved ones tight! You never know when its your time.
Funerals are always bitter-sweet. They always seem to have lots of crys and lots of laughs. Along with funerals always come unexpected family reunions!
Well on Friday night Stef told me that she wanted to come to the funeral but didn't want to drive by herself. Saturday morning I called to see if she was coming & Hillary told me that she was trying to get off work. She later called me to tell me that her work didn't let her off. I was bummed but went about cleaning my house (thank goodness). Jordan came home later and we went to Costco. While we were shopping we Jordan said something to me that made me think that indeed my sisters were coming but opted to keep it a surprise. Well I am horrible at surprises! I phone stocked them ALL night! They said there were so annoyed because they had to keep lying! :) Well finally at about midnight I fell asleep on the couch. Jordan took me into bed & then I decided to read for a bit, well not even two minutes into my reading Hillary came running in! I was so excited! We were up until about 1:30 am hanging out! Sunday we went to church then up to Park City to check out all the peeps @ Sundance Film Festival (always a treat) then we went to dinner & to our good friends Jonathan's condo. Monday Stef, Hillary & I went to Grandpa Monte's funeral. Jordan being the # 1 uncle that he is stayed home & watched Landon & Avie! Let me tell you...Jordan is seriously AMAZING! He gave the kids a bath, took them to the park to play, then to the aviary to see the birds, back to the park to play, then to McDonald's for a happy meal then home to take a nap! Landon said this to me later that night:
Landon: You know what Kim?
Kim: What?
Landon: I love Jordan!
Kim: You should go tell him
Landon: with a HUGE smile on his face..went off running to find uncle Jordan & tell him that he loves him! It was soooooooooooo sweet!!!!
When we got home from the funeral we took a nap with the kids & jordan! We all slept for 3 hours! It was so nice!!!! I loved having my sisters here for a short weekend!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy the pics from the weekend!!!
How cute is the hat Stef just bought Avie...she loved it!!
I adore this photo! Jordan is such a sucker for sweet Avie & Avie loves uncle ju ju just as much! Its so fun to watch them together!!







What is a trip to Park City without a trip to the Jave Cow...its become a tradition of sorts.... Landon loved the cow!

3 comments:
OH how fun!!!! Sisters are the best!!! I am going to get to fly out and see Nancy after she has her baby..... I am SO EXCITED!!!
BIG HUGS!!
I love this post. So heartfelt and tell Jordan that I am so impressed! So touching that he could do more than just "watch" the kids. Landon will talk about him everyday now, literally, everyday. :) People watching in Park City on a Sunday sounds so relaxing, I miss Utah. xoxo
I love all your pictures with your family! It looks like you guys just have such a blast together. Family is the best! You look great and you seriously need to update! YOu are such a blog slacker! Gosh Kim! :)
Post a Comment