Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grandpa Durnford

My favorite Grandpa passed away on Monday morning. I am so grateful that I was able to spend time with him last week. He really was the best Grandpa and I always looked forward to seeing him and hearing him call me "RED". I will miss him dearly and am already awaiting the day I get to see him again. I am grateful for all of the wonderful memories that I have with him and for all that he did for me growing up. My Grandpa wrote the best letters, always had a beautiful garden, he had an amazing talent to keep his life organized and his cars looking brand new. He loved to spoil us and would often leave money under our pillows if our room was clean. He took us to In-N-Out countless times, took us on vacations and always had a joke for us. He gave great hugs and wet kisses! What awonderful, caring man. We found this picture of my Grandpa in the service the other day. I LOVE it. I will never forget you Grandpa. I love you! Rest In Peace Papa.

8 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

sorry to hear about your Grandpa, he sounds like an amazing man!

Melissa Hirschi said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa. Hope everything goes well in California for you. Enjoy the time off if you can.

audreywaldron said...

Our condolences Kim, we love you!!!

E. said...

what a beautiful post. We miss you Kim and JJ!

All our love to you and all the Tucker Clan.

Hope to see you soon -- we are sad without you!

Presley family said...

Kim,
What you wrote about your Grandpa is wonderful. It is comforting to know that he is in a wonderful place and you will be able to see him again. Ok, I have to apologize. Before I realized that it was your weekend to be here it had come and gone. I AM SO SORRY. My Christmas busy brain just couldn't keep up with everything. I love you!
BIG HUGS,
Julie

brit said...

Hi cute friend-
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It makes me feel so blessed to believe what we believe & KNOW that you will be with him again some day. I am so glad you found me! love your guts!

jmr said...

Hey, I'm sorry about your grandpa. Your post hit home since I lost my grandpa too recently. Hope you are doing ok. love your blog!

lance n sarah said...

Hey Kim. It's Sarah (Hardy). I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm glad you knew him. cherish the memories.